Welcome to Military Mayhem & Miscellaneous, a blog where I will share my new life, thoughts, projects, recipes, photos and adventures as a "rookie" army wife <3

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy Intoxication

I was truly stumped at trying to figure out what to get Adam's new army buddies for Christmas. I don't know very much about most of them, except for the fact that they enjoy drinking. Therefore, I decided to get them alcohol. But then come the questions, what kind? How much? It won't really be from the heart if I just buy them a bottle of liquor and say "Merry Christmas," will it? Well, it would if I made it myself! So I gathered up my mason jars and bottles, poked holes in all of the cranberries, filled the jars to the brim with fresh fruit, citrus, a few tablespoons of sugar & a lot of vodka and started the infusion process.

Photo 1: Cranberry Lime
Photo 2: Lemon Cello



I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out. I don't really drink, so I'll just hope for an honest opinion from the boys. Haha.

On a side note, I'm feeling a little better today, after yesterday's four doses of peptobismol (recommended by Adam). Hopefully, now that I'm almost back to normal I'll get more things accomplished besides watching the entire 1st and 2nd seasons of Big Bang Theory in one week. I don't feel as bad since I still managed to keep the house clean, laundry done and hot dinners made every night that I wasn't at work. Speaking of work, I better go get ready now! I've got a nice 10 hour day of making people buy candles ahead of me, complete with driving to and from work in the snow and -5 degree weather (yeah, you read that correctly. Negative five. OMG). Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment