Welcome to Military Mayhem & Miscellaneous, a blog where I will share my new life, thoughts, projects, recipes, photos and adventures as a "rookie" army wife <3

Friday, January 13, 2012

90 Day Challenge

As you might know from my previous blog entries, one of the things on my priority list is getting into shape. I purchased and received Metamorphosis by Tracy Anderson and my 90 day challenge will begin tomorrow. These 90 days will not only be filled with workouts, but also extreme dieting. Tomorrow, I will start my 2 week total body cleanse by eating only raw foods and taking organic herbal pills. This raw food thing is probably going to be the hardest part, but having a great goal and support from my wonderful husband will get me through it all. Yesterday after work, I stopped by the local farmers market to pick up items for my raw diet and this morning, I prepared all of it by washing and chopping to make things easier. I got organic [raw] sunflower seeds, mixed nuts, green lentils for making bean sprouts [directions to make your own sprouts will be in tomorrow's post!], spinach, romaine, green bell peppers, cauliflower, tomatoes, avocados, oranges, bananas, apples, grapes, pineapples, blackberries, nectarines and raspberries. I also boiled a dozen eggs to make breakfast on the go a bit easier. I know the boiled eggs aren't raw, but they're not processed, so I guess it's okay. No dairy, no meat, no cooked food, no caffeine... this will be a true challenge. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment